Monday, August 5, 2013

Shades of Earth [Across the Universe #3]

Three Tips For Creating a Brand New Alien Planet from Scratch

Oh, some of the characters in this book made me so MAD!!!! Namely, everyone who had a name and dialogue except for Elder.

Chris:


When I first heard about this character, I was like, awww crap. Another stupid and pointless love triangle. I despised every moment that Amy was flirting with him-which she so was even if she never seems to acknowledge it. And I already knew he was apart of the hybrid race.

However, he really got on my hit list when he had both of Amy's parents killed (okay, one was indirectly but the only reason he felt bad was when Amy was rightfully pissed off and despised him afterwards) and singlehandedly is the reason that she became a hybrid herself and therefore not only is she not already accepted fully by the shipborns but the Earthborns may be wary and scared of her too. And he has the audacity to whine about how he had no choice in any of the choices he made and he was only trying to help his people. I'm almost surprised that no one compared his ass to Elder. Ugh! Every time this jackass even talked I got pissed off.

I wish the author would've killed him off in the end. That was something that Amy should've been given. What idiot is like, "oh yeah, this girl I want [whose parents I killed both of and changed her from human to a despised non-human like myself] is totally gonna want me.

Shaking my damn head; idiot.

Amy: 


This girl was really pissing me off during this book.

She flirts with Chris, she never sticks up for Elder to her parents or even gives them any inkling that he is anything but her friend (I wasn't sure they had the boyfriend term still around in the Earth Amy grew up in but still). I understand that she had nearly lost her parents forever but from the moment the ship landed and she had released the frozens, I was hoping she would be the link between the Earth and shipborns. She's pretty much dating the leader of the shipborns and she's the daughter of the Earthborn's military leader. It would've been nice if she tried to navigate the lines of both worlds in order to bring everyone more together but she doesn't. She lets her parents talk bad about Elder and doesn't do anything to help the shipborns even though she knows that the Earthborns have supplies that they aren't sharing with the shipborns.

Not to mention, she lets Chris kiss her and never tells Elder or gives Chris enough of a "back-off" signal because he keeps trying.

Anyway, other then the characters who pissed me off, I enjoyed this book. I just wish the ending had been a lot different. That we could've flashed forward to the future of the colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment